We tore out the rotting wood under the sink (could easily stick our hands through it to break) and tore it all out. We cut the rest with a saw. Sealed all along the baseboard, including under the drawer section, after taking photos and videos of all the holes and especially the one with cobweb blowing in the breeze. That's part of the open cavity common space where I know the smoke is being sucked in from their place and spit out in our place.
rat could not smell the strong reeking chemical smell coming from the boards. It was seriously NASTY! Yes, I was wearing a mask and even breathed through my mouth, which helped. It's the same smell I find in my hair all the time now. I have to wash my hair every single day, if not more. It looks like crap.
We felt so accomplished! We got the back wall sealed up fine. It was pretty and we were happy...
But no! It was not to be! We STILL have smoke under the kitchen sink! And now since we sealed up its main entry spot into our place it's now coming in under my bathroom sink and somewhere through the ceiling.
So we've taped the cabinet doors closed to seal them.
Need to move out of this sick apartment NOW. Probably next door in the crappy apartment but my HEALTH is more important than being picky about appliances. There's a chance we could move to a first-floor apt (haven't seen it yet) if they can add a washer/dryer connection for a price.
I know they won't be happy seeing the 'damage' we did under the sink, if we show them. We may put in a thin board to cover it up.
The shit maintenance man SMOKED next door while working so when we walked in tonight I was bowled over with the smell. Luckily, one of my co-workers brought in some toxic-free stuff called AbsorbAll (http://absorball.com/) to use and it KILLED the smell in the other apartment.
I've used it throughout our place tonight and it's working. Even if it's non-toxic, it's hurting my poor lungs, which are super-sensitive. I can smell the ozone off the CPUs in my office, and it irritates my breathing. We know we still need to go in and do some bleach for some dark wood that may be black mold-infested.
Note: we have started the process to get a qualified pre-approval for a home loan. rat sent it in tonight.
Thanks: --> to Lia, my sensei, who has inspired me to draw again. I
wouldn't be doing this without your support, Domo Arigato!
--> to Talon, for sending me her fabulous fics, inspiring me with her writing to draw my first
illustration for a story and actually liking what I drew.
--> to Dasia, for her words of encouragement when drawing her original chara.
--> to Joules, a wonderful epic fic writer, for liking my art enough to want to post them with Talon's
and her own stories.
--> to Lutra, the other half of the epic team, for being so supportive.
--> to Jacque' & Becca Raddittzu, we met on eBay as bidder and sellers and now we are face-to-face
friends. You showed us the real DBZ with your fansubs. It's all your fault the house is full of
doujinshi! *LOL*